Acebrophylline is an effective bronchodilator medicine used to treat blockage, swelling, and irritation associated with bronchial asthma and chronic obstructive pulmonary disease (COPD) in adults.
- Abdominal discomfort and distension
- Nausea or Vomiting
- Gastrointestinal Bleeding
- Difficulty in breathing
- Skin rash
- Increase in white blood cell count
- Swelling of the eyes, ears, and inside of nose
- Fever with chills
- Numbness of the hands
- Changes in blood pressure
- Increased heartbeat
- Unusual tiredness and weakness
Acebrophylline is prescribed to reduce the irritation, swelling, and narrowing of the bronchial tubes in patients with asthma, severe or chronic bronchitis, chronic obstructive pulmonary disease (COPD)and tightness of the chest.
It helps in reducing the viscosity of the mucus in the airway and facilitates breathing.